Saturday, April 3, 2010

Home

Buble's Home
Another summer day. Has come and gone away
In Paris and Rome. But I wanna go home... Mmmmmmmm

May be surrounded by, a million people I still feel all alone
I just wanna go home...Oh, I miss you, you know

And I’ve been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two, “I’m fine baby, how are you?”
Well I would send them but I know that it’s just not enough
My words were cold and flat, and you deserve more than that

Another aeroplane, another sunny place,
I’m lucky, I know... But I wanna go home
Mmmm, I’ve got to go home

Let me go home
I’m just too far from where you are, I wanna come home
And I feel just like I’m living someone else’s life
It’s like I just stepped outside, when everything was going right
And I know just why you could not Come along with me
'Cause this was not your dream, but you always believed in me

Another winter day has come, and gone away
In even Paris and Rome, and I wanna go home...Let me go home

And I’m surrounded by a million people I still feel all alone
Oh, let me go home... Oh, I miss you, you know

Let me go home, I’ve had my run, baby, I’m done...
I gotta go home... Let me go home
It will all be all right, I’ll be home tonight... I’m coming back home
  • Michael Bublé wrote this song for his then-fiancée, Debbie Timuss, describing the pain of being away from her. His song "Lost" was also inspired by her, but it was about their break up after a relationship of 8 years.
  • This was Michael Bublé's breakthrough song. The lyrics sound as if they could be autobiographical, as someone who spends a lot of time on the road with great success is missing his home, particularly the woman he loves.
  • Bublé wrote this with his musical director Alan Chang and with Amy Foster-Gillies, who is the daughter of the songwriter David Foster.
  • Chang and Foster-Gillies told AOL the story of this song. Chang started off: "He [Bublé] had the first few lines of the song written when he came to sound check one day. He was expressing the sentiment we've all felt of wanting to be home after being gone for a long period of time. When I first heard what he had to say, I felt it might be too much of a complaint, especially since it was about being stuck in Europe, where we happened to be. I thought to myself, 'Oh great, complain about being stuck in Europe.' But I thought basically it was a good idea, so I figured I'd just go with it and try to come up with music that would fit that theme."
(source: http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=9806)

"Home is where the heart is. And, Baby, I want to go home."

No comments:

Post a Comment